Sibson Consulting offers a range of compliance services and publications to help employers navigate the maze of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to retirement plans.
- Drafting plan documents, summary plan descriptions, plan enrollment information, administrative forms and participant correspondence and notices
- Reviewing documents for compliance with Internal Revenue Code and Department of Labor provisions and regulations, internal and external consistency, and the provision of clear rules and guidelines for plan operations
- Drafting policies and procedures, and conducting training on a wide range of federally mandated plan provisions, including ERISA, QDROs, PPA, and other laws
- Assisting legal counsel in identifying instances when, as a result of changes in laws or regulations, plans should be submitted to the IRS for confirmation of its continued tax qualification
- Helping employers prepare for government audits of retirement plans
- Reviewing pension applications and calculations as prepared by employers
- Crosschecksm, an operational review of your administrative procedures
Our Washington-based compliance staff includes experts in pension laws who are able to maintain close relationships with government agencies, allowing them to respond to questions quickly and efficiently. We follow legislative developments carefully and update clients on new laws.
We encourage our clients to contact Sibson whenever a question arises about an issue that can affect their plan. However, because Sibson does not practice law, if a legal issue arises, you should supplement the information and observations that we offer by consulting with your attorneys for authoritative legal advice.