The effectiveness of your Human Resources (HR) department plays a large part in how well your entire organization functions. Sibson can evaluate your organization's HR function to determine how it can help your organization achieve its strategic objectives.
While each situation is unique, our assessments generally fall into one of two categories:
- Strategic Review: Evaluates the overall alignment of HR with the broad competitive strategy of the institution
- Operational Review: Assesses the effectiveness of HR's structure, staff, service offerings and administrative offerings. At the conclusion of each of these reviews, we provide a clear set of recommendations for prioritizing, developing and implementing enhancements. We also provide consultation in implementing recommendations.
As part of these assessments, we evaluate and make recommendations to develop your HR architecture, which includes analysis of your:
- Mission: Overall purpose, vision, value creation philosophy and reason for being
- Goals and Strategies: The priorities and imperatives/initiatives that reflect how the function will create value
- Guiding Principles: Shared beliefs about how the group will work together and carry out its mission
- Services and Delivery: Services and service delivery channels that deliver value to the organization
- Processes and Practices: Key processes and practices required for delivering services and achieving goals
- Structure: Structure necessary to carry out work, divide labor and foster productive relationships
- Roles and Capabilities: Role definitions that include accountabilities, competencies and interactions
- Measures: Metrics and measurement that focus on impact and value creation