Key Health Care News
Sibson’s Second Quarter 2017 Trends highlights key areas health plan sponsors need to know.
You’ll learn about:
- Opioid-related inpatient stay and emergency department visit data,
- New claims and appeals processes for disability claims,
- Details of the 21st Century Cures Act, and
- Final rules on updating out-of-pocket limits for non-grandfathered group health plans.
You will also learn about these strategies plan sponsors are using to manage their health plan costs:
- Incorporating plan design options to encourage non-drug therapy,
- Enhanced patient and provider education,
- Use of prior-authorization denial rates to control specialty drug costs, and
- Quantity limits on pain medications and employee lock-in programs.
Trends also covers important compliance developments.
Previous issues from 2014 through First Quarter 2017 are available on the Trends page.